PdfCompressor: Compress, Convert, and OCR Your Scanned PDF Files
When your PDFs are the best that they can be, everyone who uses your files saves time and you save money. For scanned documents, this means advanced image pre-processing, the best available OCR, and the latest image compression. CVISION PdfCompressor delivers robust high production 24/7 capability via an intuitive Windows application and a comprehensive command-line interface and API. The solution is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 operating systems (See all of the system requirements for PdfCompressor here).
What is PdfCompressor?
PdfCompressor can make your documents fully searchable with CVISION's super-accurate OCR. Intelligent pre-processing makes our OCR far more accurate and 2-3 times faster than leading OCR products and in up to 118 languages including Arabic! PdfCompressor combines super accurate OCR, including support for multi-directional and low contrast text, with the addition of ICR, for handwritten text, and barcodes.
Using the latest in image compression technology and the JBIG2 & JPEG2000 compression formats, PdfCompressor makes the most compact, Web-friendly PDF files available. PdfCompressor will compress typical black and white scans by a factor of 5-10x (compared to TIFF G4) and color scans by a factor of 10-100x (compared to JPEG). Our unmatched text-focused color scan processing ensures maximum data retention, even under high file size reduction rates.
PdfCompressor uniquely combines image processing, OCR, advanced compression, PDF/A, Bates-stamping, PDF options settings, web-optimization, batch multi-threading and encryption all in one step.
Advantages of PdfCompressor
- Email, transmit, and upload compressed documents quickly & easily
- Reduce storage and transmission requirements by 10x-100x
- Super accurate OCR for more accurate text searches
- Batch processing for high volume scanning
- Better looking files at smaller file sizes
- Dramatically improved download & upload times for reduced file sizes
- Automate processes with optional ICR (handwritten) & barcode recognition
- Archive documents with PDF/A compliance
- Full control via watched folder mode, command-line interface, and API for Windows machines
- Integrates seamlessly with Kofax Capture, EMC Captiva and EMC Documentum
- Proven results, billions of pages processed and 1000+ corporate clients
- Convert TIFF, PDF, JPEG, and many other file formats into standardized PDF files
- Compress scanned bitonal documents up to 10x smaller
- Reduce scanned color documents up to 100x smaller
- Compress up to 15,000 bitonal or 3,600 color pages/hour
- Create text-searchable PDFs with OCR in up to 118 languages including Arabic
- Web-Optimize PDFs for faster viewing
- Watched Folder mode for automated workflow
- Date Stamp, Bates Stamp and Watermark PDF files
- Merge single or multi-page files to multi-page PDFs or vice versa with split PDF feature