Image Optimization for EMC Documentum
ImageOptimization for ECM Leverages EMC Documentum as a More Functional Content Management System
ImageOptimization for ECM is the perfect PDF optimization and document capture complement for organizations utilizing EMC Documentum. ImageOptimization for ECM is designed to dramatically compress and optimize existing image documents as well as process all incoming image documents into a repository. As more organizations rely on EMC solutions, ImageOptimization for ECM offers the opportunity to reduce storage, backup, and archival costs while generating more efficient image documents for employees to manage.
ImageOptimization for ECM allows organizations to utilize EMC Documentum as a more functional content management system by producing significantly more optimized files. Content stored in the repositories are dramatically compressed and converted into uniform high-quality PDF files with advanced PDF control. Typical black and white scans are reduced by a factor of 5x-10x and color scans by a factor of 50x-100x. ImageOptimization for ECM produces better-looking files at much smaller file sizes that are easier and faster to email, share, and transmit.
In addition to compressed PDF files, ImageOptimization for ECM offers high quality OCR of image documents within an organization's repository. With the highest recognition rates in the industry, more reliable text-searchable documents are created. Employees become more efficient by performing highly reliable text searches quickly. More accurate OCR results allow organizations to increase their efficiency in managing scanned image documents. Organizations can reduce storage and back up costs associated with managing their image documents with compressed files. By integrating with existing document workflows, organizations will maximize their investment in these systems.
ImageOptimization for ECM Enables Organizations to:
• Integrate seamlessly with EMC Documentum with advanced compression, OCR, and PDF optimization
• Produce high quality PDF files at much smaller file sizes
• Reduce storage and backup costs associated with image documents
• Generate image documents that are more efficient to email, access, store, and transmit
• Facilitate mobile viewing with smaller PDFs that can be opened faster on any device, increasing information accessibility.
• Include Bates stamping on output PDF files
• Compress black & white scans by a factor of 5-10x and color scans by a factor of 50-100x
• Create uniform PDF files with advanced PDF control
PDF Optimization Suite
For EMC® Captiva®
Includes CVISION PDFOptimizer, OCR, Advanced PDF, and MS Office Converter
The PDF Optimization Suite can compress electronic, image, and hybrid PDFs into perceptually lossless documents. It has the ability to reduce up to 2X-10X the original size. It allows the conversion of image formats to web-optimized PDF, with document features of web optimization, document splitting, metadata insertion, and viewer preferences. For security, there are password encryption, read/write/edit protection, print protection/ restrictions, and process password-protected files. Furthermore, the PDF Optimization Suite allows for annotations such as headers, footers, stamps and watermarks.
OCR & Text Search/Indexing:
• Full-text PDF search for electronic, image, and complex hybrid documents
• 4 OCR modes including super-accurate mode with voting engine
• Fast, multithreaded OCR
• Robust document indexing
• Multi-language and custom dictionary support
• Zonal OCR for fixed form data extraction
• Multi-directional text recognition
• Output text to XML and MS Office formats
• Section 508 compliance for the visually impaired
• Vector-based character recognition (CAD/CAM)
• Render PDF to image
• File-based OCR to preserve electronic content (bookmarks, hyperlinks, etc.)
• Convert PDF files to PDF/A for archiving and records management
• Process complex PDFs including: PDF/A, PDF/X, packages and portfolios
MS Office Converter:
• MS Office to PDF, MS Office to image, full-text extraction and indexing
• Create compressed PDF files based on how document pages are rearranged via the Captiva interface: Split, Merge, Delete and Reorder pages as necessary to conform to the new page arrangement specified
• Fully interoperable with EMC product line
• PDF software solutions through EMC Captiva for over 10 years
• PDFOptimizer is an integrated PDF solution for Captiva